Simply delicious and fluffy
This winter, why not indulge in one of our best chocolate cake recipes. This fluffy chocolate cake is a must try comfort food this winter.
- 500 grams self-rising flour
- 150 grams cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 100 ml canola oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 250 grams xylitol sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 200 ml milk
- 150 ml water
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl, pour the flour, cocoa powder, sugar and salt.
- Mix the ingredients
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, vanilla essence, oil and milk until fully blended and frothy. (Use an electric mixer)
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and use a spatula to blend the batter until smooth and creamy
- Pour the batter into 2 medium size baking pans
- Bake for 30-50 minutes depending on the size of your baking pan.
- 1 tsp spirulina powder
- 150 grams butter
- 200 grams icing sugar
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer until soft and fluffy.
- Add spirulina powder and gradually add the icing sugar to the butter whilst mixing the butter with an electronic mixer.
- Once fully blended, store icing in the refrigerator.
Get your ingredients online from The Refillery SA online store.