A Happy Women’s day to you!
PREP TIME: 30 min COOKING TIME: 45 min DIFFICULTY: Medium
This month is the month to celebrate women around the world! I am very excited even though there isn’t much to do due to the lock down restrictions. Even in the midst of restrictions, we can still have a blast in our kitchens right?
So today, let’s have some quality time baking and cooking with other women around the world. Get your skype or zoom ready and start with this delicious recipe : coconut and pecan nut health bars.
Let’s jump in to the recipe!
Ingredients for Base:
- 300 g coconut flour
- 100 g castor sugar
- 200 g salted butter (melted)
- ½ tsp salt
Ingredients for filling:
- 150 g yoghurt white chocolate drops
- 30 g pecan nuts
- 30 g hazel nits
- 100 g coconut flakes
- 100 g coconut flour
- 1 can unsweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 100 g egg whites
- 30 g castor sugar
Instructions for base:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line your baking tray with a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a bowl, pour melted butter and castor sugar then stir together.
- Add in coconut flour and salt, mixing until dough forms.
- Press the dough into the bottom of prepared pan in an even layer. Bake 15-20 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes and reduce the oven heat to 150 degrees Celsius.
Instructions for filling:
- In a bowl, use an electric mix to beat the egg whites and vanilla essence until fluffy. Gradually add the sugar into the eggs until stiff peak forms. (nothing should fall out when you put the bowl upside down)
- Mix coconut flour and condensed milk in another bowl until smooth.
- Add the batter into the whisked eggs and use a spatula to fold the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the filling over cooled crust and sprinkle the coconut flakes.
- Place the pecan nuts and hazel nuts on top of the filling then bake for 30 minutes or until coconut is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- Slice into bars, drizzle with melted yoghurt chocolate drops and Enjoy!
Get your ingredients online from The Refillery Store.