This is a protein-packed chili pasta ! It’s easy, quick and made with simple ingredients. A perfect hearty budget-friendly dinner!
Have you decided what to eat for Valentine’s dinner? How about a delicious home-made meal. Nothing beats food made with love from home. What I love about this dish is its simplicity and depth of flavour.
Let’s talk about the health benefits of the main ingredients of this meal.
- RED BEANS- According to livestrong , red beans nutrition can boost the quality of one’s diet, improve your overall health, aid in weight loss and maintenance, keeps blood sugar steady and lowers your risk of certain cancers.
- RED PEPPER- They are known to improve eye health and prevent anaemia according to the healthline.
Ingredients: Sponsored by The Refillery SA
- 350 grams fusilli
- 250 grams red beans
- 100 ml cream
- 100 grams mozzarella cheese
- Chicken masala spice
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 tbsp chili spice
- 50 grams fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 cherry tomato
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp powdered minestrone soup
Instructions for fusilli:
- Boil 1 litre of water in a pot.
- Add a pinch of salt to the water.
- Pour 350 grams of fusilli in the boiling water and stir for 10-15 minutes.
- Once fusilli are cooked, drain excess water off and let the fusilli cool.
Instructions for chili red beans:
- Soak the red beans for 1 hour.
- Vigorously boil the red beans on high heat for 40-45 minutes.
- Bring the heat to medium temperature.
- Add salt, chili, chicken masala and black pepper to the beans after 40 minutes of boiling.
- Add the butter to the boiled beans and mix well for 30 seconds.
- Cut the cherry tomato and garlic and pour them into the boiled beans.
- Simmer the beans for 5 minutes until tomatoes have dissolved.
- In a small cup, mix the minestrone soup and cream then pour the mixture into the beans.
- Let the beans simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add water for more soup and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Put the fusilli in a bowl and mix with the red beans.
- Add grated cheese, fresh red pepper and fresh coriander leaves to the fusilli.
PREP TIME: 1 HR COOKING TIME: 1 HR