GLUTEN-FREE & EASY BUCKWHEAT BREAD
DIFFICULTY- MEDIUM PREP TIME: 10 MIN COOK TIME: 70 MIN TOTAL TIME: 80MIN
Nothing beats a slice of freshly baked homemade bread for a quick lunch or dinner nibble since it’s always perfect. This recipe for buckwheat bread is one of my all-time favorites! It’s simple to make and freezes well. The only disadvantage is that it takes a little longer in the oven because it has a different texture than conventional flour.
Buckwheat is a highly nutritious whole grain that is gluten-free by nature and high in fiber, protein, and energy. Others consider it a superfood because of its multiple health benefits, including enhanced blood sugar control and heart health. It also helps with weight loss because it keeps you fuller for longer.
Here is what you need!
- 400g buckwheat flour
- 400ml water
- 60ml canola oil
- 1tbsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 20g sunflower seeds
- Sliced avocado
- Maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Line your loaf tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix your flour, salt and baking powder.
- Pour oil and water into the flour. Mix until well combined. (Your dough should be sticky)
- Pour your dough into the loaf tray.
- Sprinkle with sunflower seeds as you see fit.
- Bake for 70 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Enjoy with sliced avocado and a drizzle of maple syrup!