PREP TIME: 5 MIN COOK TIME: 15 MIN DIFFICULTY: EASY TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN SERVES: 4
HAPPY CHOCOLATE DAY AROUND THE WORLD!
[ I know I’m a bit early but just wanted to celebrate as soon as possible. Actually, Edenairs Food blog will be celebrating all the wonderful benefits that chocolate has to offer throughout the whole week so keep your eyes open for new content!]
World Chocolate Day, also known as International Chocolate Day or just Chocolate Day, is an annual celebration of chocolate that takes place on July 7 around the world. World Chocolate Day has been observed since 2009, and some believe that July 7 commemorates the arrival of chocolate to Europe 1550.
Don’t know what to do to commemorate one of the world’s greatest delicacies? That’s fine, I’ve got you covered! Chocolate madeleines are a delightful madeleine dish that you may try today.
Let’s jump straight into the recipe!
- 2 large eggs
- 100ml canola oil
- 200g sugar
- 80g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 250ml water
- 300g cake wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 50g chocolate sprinkles
- 20g yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease your madeleine pan with baking spray.
- Whisk the oil, eggs, water, and vanilla essence together.
- In a bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour and blend well with a spatula until batter is smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the batter into the madeleine holes. Fill each hole 2 thirds.
- Bake for 15 to 20 min or until skewer comes out clean when inserted into the madeleines.
- Dip your madeleines into yoghurt then sprinkle with chocolate. ENJOY!