Have you ever tried baking your own birthday cake without spending too much money? Here is a solution: Chocolate pancakes with whipped cream, strawberries and delicious chocolate drizzle. ( No added sugar!).
Here is a list of what you will need:
- 150 grams cocoa powder
- 500 grams all purpose flour
- 500 ml milk
- 500 ml water
- Vanilla essence
- 250 ml whipped cream
- 180 grams 80% cocoa Lindt chocolate
- 180 grams strawberries
- Flowers of your choice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 40 ml canola oil
- 10 ml canola oil for frying
- granola bits
- Non-stick frying pan
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs,milk, water, essence & oil until well mixed
- In a separate bowl, mix the cocoa, flour & salt.
- Pour the whisked mixture into the flour and blend well with a whisk.
- Heat the pan and pour some oil.
- With a tablespoon, pour the pancake mix into the pan and turn until its brown and golden. The mixture makes 20 pancakes.
- Cool your pancakes for 10 minutes.
- Layer 2 pancakes at the base and add whipped cream in between. Repeat process until you reach the top.
- Add some strawberries and decorate with flowers from your garden.
- Melt the chocolate in 30 second bursts. Mix the chocolate after the 30 second bursts and put back in the microwave until the chocolate is fully melted.
- If chocolate doesn’t want to melt, add some water and mix then microwave in 30 second bursts.
- Drizzle the pancakes with chocolate