Recently, I have gone into the habit of wanting to make my own things at home rather than buy from stores or restaurants. I mean its a fun experience and you get to know how things work in the kitchen.
Moreover, you will save lots of money. I am sure you know that ingredients are cheap o purchase ,but the price they charge you for cooked food is unbelievably high. I would rather make my own and tweak it according to my taste buds.
Let’s jump over to the recipe then.
- 500 grams self raising flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 30 ml canola oil
- 1 cup warm milk
- 3 tbsp xylitol sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence.
- 1 egg
1. Whisk flour, cocoa, sugar, and salt in bowl.
2. In separate bowl, whisk egg, vanilla extract, milk, and oil.
3. Make a center in the flour mixture, and add the milk mixture gradually. Stir gently to form a batter.
4. Heat non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Lightly grease bottom of pan with oil.
5. Drop batter using a tablespoon onto the pan. Cook pancakes until golden brown and cooked through, about 1 minute per side.
6. Transfer to plates. Repeat with remaining batter.
7. Drizzle with maple syrup and top with blueberries an strawberries.