LET’S GET SPICY
Put a smile on the face of your family with this gorgeous, nutritious and delicious potato curry salad.
Do you have neighbors whom when they cook you smell something wonderful? It makes you hungry and you wish they invited you for dinner. Now, imagine opening your oven and being greeted by an aroma of well grilled thyme and potatoes infused with all sorts of spices that rev up your appetite! If you have children who lose their appetite during dinner time, this salad will make them want to eat more. Problem solved.
The best thing about this salad is that even though it smells appetizing when you eat it ,you get full really quickly.
The main Star spice of this dish is the cut chilly spice. Below are a few benefits.
- Weight Loss- According researchers at Harvard University, cut chillies contain capsaicin which is known to promote weight loss by reducing appetite and increase fat burning.
- Fights Inflammation- The substance called capsaicin has been studied to be an effective treatment arthritis and diabetes.
- Improves Heart Health- Chillies can impact your health by helping to boost circulation and also act as a thinner to help protect against strokes. Therefore, consuming food with chillies every day is all you need to do to enjoy the multiple and important health benefits they have to offer.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4.
- 640 grams of potatoes
- 2 tsp cut chillies
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 garlic cloves
- Cherry tomatoes
- 100 grams mushrooms
- Red pepper
- Green pepper
- Spring Onions
- Olive oil
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven at 150 degrees Celsius for 10-15 minutes
- In a pan, sauté the mushrooms until golden
- Cut the potatoes into cubes or halves ( do not remove the skin)
- Cut the garlic and cherry tomatoes
- Mix the spices in a bowl
- Pour some olive oil into the spices and rub them onto the cut potatoes
- Grease your baking tray and put your potatoes, garlic and cherry tomatoes
- Grill the potatoes for 30 minutes
- Remove tray from oven and let it cool for 5 min
10. Mix the grilled potatoes, mushrooms and pepper
11. Squeeze some lemon juice and sprinkle your potatoes with vinegar
Prep and cooking time: 50 minutes.
All thanks to The Refillery SA for the best spices ever!