PREP TIME: 10 min BAKING TIME: 30 min DIFFICULTY: easy
These Fudgy Oatmeal Brownies are so rich and indulgent. Made with Oat flour and dates as a replacement for sugar, these must be on your list of comfy dessert treats this winter!
These oatmeal brownies have been on my recipes to try list for a long time now. I love how the weather has turned out to be here in Cape Town, the weather has been complimenting the food I make lately ~ comfy food that you can indulge in with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate.
I love how oats make you feel full before you even finish a bowl of oats.
As many people are now vying for healthier options in order to boost their immune system, I wanted to make something along those lines of boosting your immune system as well as enjoying the food you are eating.
Here are a few benefits of using oatmeal as a main ingredient in your baking:
- Oats are rich in antioxidants ~ good for skin
- Oats lower cholesterol levels
- Oats aid in regulating blood sugar levels
- Oats contain powerful soluble fiber ~ good for gut health
- Oats aid in weight management ~ they fill you up quickly and you won’t be hungry for a couple of hours.
Now let’s jump in to the recipe below:
- 3 large eggs
- 200 grams pitted dates
- 80 grams melted butter
- 1 ½ cup oat flour
- ½ t baking powder
- ½ t salt
- 6 T cocoa powder
- 1 T vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Soak the dates in hot water for 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, blend the dates until smooth.
- In a bowl, use an electric mixer to whisk the eggs, butter and vanilla essence until frothy.
- In a larger bowl, add the dates, flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder.
- Pour the egg mixture to the flour and use a spatula to blend all ingredients until smooth and glossy.
- Line your baking tray with a parchment paper.
- Pour the mixture into the tray and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool the brownies for 10 minutes before serving.
- Decorate the brownies with some caramel treat. Enjoy!