DIFFICULTY: MEDIUM PREP TIME: 15 MIN TOTAL TIME: 2HRS 30 MIN
It’s finally here! I have been wanting to make a vegan cheesecake and today, there you have it! An amazing, scrumptious and beautiful blueberry vegan cheesecake.
Talk about a treat!
No baking is required folks. I know that baking can be quite a hurdle, so with this cake, you don’t need to worry. This recipe is super quick, easy and simple to make. It’s the perfect summer dessert that you have been waiting for.
I chose to use blueberries because of their gorgeous colour. To get this beautiful purple colour, you need to freeze your blueberries overnight then you saute the frozen blueberries in a non-stick pan with some sugar to make a beautiful syrup.
After the blueberry syrup is thick , you can blend the blueberries in a food processor until they are smooth ( you want to avoid ugly lumps in your cheesecake) and then mix them into the cream.
- 180 g Oreo cookies
- 200 g melted vegan butter
- 200 g blueberries
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 200 g sugar
- 350 g vegan cream cheese
- 250 g coconut cream
- 20 g agar powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 125 ml hot water
- 80 g vegan chocolate
- Line the bottom of a 20cm pan with a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Crush the Oreo cookies with a rolling pin or use a food processor.
- Pour the crushed cookies into a food processor, pour melted butter and blend well.
- Pour the cookies into a pan and set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a pan, pour the blueberries, lemon juice and sugar.
- Simmer the blueberries under medium heat until the syrup is thick.
- Blend the blueberries in a food processor, set aside the blended blueberries in a bowl to cool down.
- In a larger bowl, pour the vegan cream cheese and vanilla essence. Use an electric mixer to whip the cream cheese until smooth.
- Pour 250 ml coconut cream into the cream cheese and use an electric mix to blend the ingredients well.
- Pour the pureed blueberries into the cream mixture and use a spatula to fold the ingredients until smooth and fully combined.
- Pour 125 ml of hot water into a cup and add 20 g of agar powder. Mix the agar into the cup until it has fully dissolved.
- Pour the dissolved agar into the blueberry mixture. Use a spatula to fold the agar into the mixture.
- Pour the blueberry mixture onto the chilled cookie crust and refrigerate for at least 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Once the cheesecake has set, melt the vegan chocolate and drizzle it over the cheesecake. Enjoy!
Get your ingredients online from The Refillery SA.