Compliments of the new season everyone!
Have you been planning on a new decade’s resolution such as starting a new diet plan and a new exercise regime? I have got your back (only with the diet part😊).
The best way to fire up your 2020 would be to indulge this new recipe packed with complementary ingredients such as the banana and butternut.
Today we have a butter-nana fritter, made in only 15 minutes, is super healthy but most importantly delicious.
- 400 grams butternut
- 1 banana
- ½ milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 100-gram cheese
- 1 tsp vegetable spice
- 100 grams of spinach
- In a pot, boil the butternut for 15 minutes until fully cooked.
- Mash both the banana and butternut in a bowl and let it cool down.
- Add freshly cut spinach to the banana mash and mix well.
- In another small bowl, whisk the 2 eggs and milk until fully blended.
- In a larger bowl, pour the flour and baking powder. Add your seasonings.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour and mix well with a spatula.
- Pour the butternut mash into the flour mixture and mix well with a spatula.
- Set your non-stick pan on a low heat stove and pour canola oil.
- Use a spoon to scoop small amounts of the fritter mixture into the pan and fry it.
- Every 1 minute, flip the fritters on the side and fry for another 1 minute.
- Decorate with honey glaze and enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes.
You could add some tuna mixed with mayonnaise to your banana mash. It tastes heavenly!
THE CORN FRITTER
Also, for more flavour in your fritters, you could add some sweet corn. If you do not fancy the banana, then you could supplement it with some sweet corn and butter.