These Healthy Snickers Bars will satisfy any sweet tooth! Made with only the best ingredients from The Refillery SA, they’re easy to make and good for you too.
In this heat, you need something nice and cool to munch on.
Making your own health bars is actually crazy easy. What’s amazing is that there are no preservatives, artificial colors, or any questionable ingredients.
And who wouldn’t want homemade Snickers Bars that are actually good for you…
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 350 grams dried pitted dates.
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 heaped tbsp peanut butter
- ½ tsp salt
- 100 grams dried mango strips
- 50 grams popped popcorn
- 100 grams milk chocolate
- Put the rolled oats and salt in a blender and blend well until smooth and fluffy.
- Put the dates in a bowl and cover with water. Microwave them for 1 minute.
- Drain any excess liquid off of the dates.
- Blend the dates, vanilla essence and peanut butter in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Put 150 grams of the date caramel in a small bowl
- In another bowl, use a spatula to mix the oat flour and the remaining 200 grams date caramel to form a sticky dough.
- Firmly and evenly press the dough into a small and narrow container.
- Use a spatula to spread the 150 grams of Date Caramel evenly over the dough.
- Sprinkle the popcorn and dried mango strips over the Caramel. Use your fingers to press the popcorn into the Caramel layer, so they stick.
- Place the container in the freezer for 60-90 minutes, until firm.
- Remove the frozen “filling” from its container, then use a sharp knife to cut it into bar-sized pieces. Return these to the freezer while you melt your chocolate.
- Melt your Chocolate using either a double boiler or the microwave. If you choose to use the microwave, place your Chocolate pieces in a wide bowl (so the candy bars will fit along the base) and microwave at 30 seconds intervals, stirring in between. Once the Chocolate is 75% melted, stop microwaving and stir the mixture with a spatula until completely melted.
- Place 1 bar into the bowl of melted Chocolate until its coated on all sides. Repeat with the remaining bars.
- Place the bars in the fridge for 5-10 minutes, to allow the Chocolate to harden.
- Let the bars thaw for 5 or so minutes before enjoying.
PREP TIME: 90 MIN
- If you are allergic to peanuts you can substitute the peanut butter with any nut or seed butter of your choice .
- Obviously the final result will taste different, but still be delicious! I would recommend that you use Almond Butter.
- It can be quite tricky to coat the bars in chocolate if you only use your hands, rather melt your chocolate in a large bowl with a wide base and use two forks to rotate the Snickers.
- These bars will not melt at room temperature but I would recommend storing them in the fridge for them to last longer. If you store them in the freezer, let them defrost for a few minutes before serving.