The winter season is one of the most stressful times for me in terms of food preparation . Unlike winter, summer food is easy to make. You have light meals during the day to keep yourself cool. For instance, in summer I would retire to bed with only having a smoothie and nuts for dinner. Well that’s just me. I usually eat heavy in the morning!
For winter, you tend to want to eat a bit more warm things to keep the blood pumping and that steamy aroma from the food going down your nostrils. You need something hearty, frothy and rich in flavour.
Below are a few ideas of what foods you could have in winter. Food that is easy to prepare and doesn’t require overwhelming techniques :
You can have soup anytime of the day. I usually like my soup in the morning with a bit of toasted bread. When you have soup first thing in the morning, you:
- Boost your metabolism as the soup has to be digested.
- Soup contains a high quantity of water that nourishes your body cells and keeps your skin fresh.
- Soup is healthy and nutritious especially vegetable soups
- Soups satiates you and as a result help you eat less and lose some pounds. I know that in winter people tend to bulk up but how about loading up on some healthy soups to shed the weight or maintain that weight that you worked so hard to get during summer!
My favourite soup is the BROCCADO SOUP ( BROCCOLI & AVOCADO).
- 1 Avocado
- 300 grams broccoli
- 10 ml canola oil
- 1 tsp moringa powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup full cream milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 block vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Boil the broccoli and vegetable stock for 10 minutes on medium heat until fully cooked. Season with salt, pepper to taste. Also add some oil to the pot.
- In a blender , put 1/2 avocado, milk, broccoli and vegetable stock, moringa powder and blend until smooth
- Enjoy with some fresh carrots and beetroot
Another easy food prep for anytime of the day are these baked tortilla wraps. I stuffed them with avocado, mayonnaise and eggs. Goodness they taste divine.
Wraps take no time to bake, they will be ready in as short as 5 minutes! You can even store these wraps in a lunch box or sealed bag so that when you get hungry you can just warm them up and enjoy.
Make your winter stress free with these easy meal prep ideas.
- 1 Avocado
- 3 large eggs
- Mayonnaise 2 tbsp
- 1 tsp moringa powder.
- Tortilla wraps
- 20 grams Butter
- Preheat the oven at 150 degrees Celsius for 5 minutes
- Boil the eggs for 10 minutes
- Spread some butter on to the tortilla wraps.
- In a bowl, beat the avocado until smooth, add the boiled eggs, mayonnaise and moringa powder
- Add the avocado mix to the tortilla wraps, roll the wraps and bake for 5 minutes or until your desired crispiness.
What do you have to keep yourself warm in winter? Comment below!