EAT RIGHT TO LIVE LONGER
Most people in this century have a different mindset when it comes to health and longevity. We see this as scientists constantly conduct researches and create treatments to combat diseases & viruses such as the common flu which was deadly in the 20th century. (newstatesman.com).
This brings us to the fact that people do not want to die of diseases or viruses. People are constantly fighting battles within their immune systems to live. We all want to live, above all, live longer to see those great great-great-grandchildren. Today, with our current technology and knowledge, we can live longer due to healthy practices and the right diet.
So when you see those overripe bananas, don’t throw them away! Put them to good use by making yourself a lovely banana bread packed with blueberries and strawberries!
Enjoy food and live long!
Here are some benefits of eating overripe bananas:
1. Relieves heartburn
Bananas help relieve heartburn by acting as an antacid but only if they are covered with dark spots. Raw bananas have more potassium nitrate which would be counterproductive because nitrates lead to heartburn.
2. Lower blood pressure
Including overripe bananas can help prevent strokes and heart attacks by helping your circulatory system function more efficiently due to their potassium levels.
3. Get a natural energy boost
Overripe bananas are sweeter because they contain more good carbohydrates and eating three bananas provides more than enough energy for an intense workout.
4. Bananas delay and prevent cell damage
Overripe bananas are rich in antioxidants, which, according to livestrong.com, is beneficial in preventing or delaying cell damage in one’s body. This lowers the risk of diseases and improves your immune system.
5. Helps combat cancer
According to healthy-holistic-living.com When a banana becomes too ripe, its peel turns a few shades darker. The dark spots on the peel create Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF), a substance that can kill cancerous and abnormal cells.
- 3 overripe bananas
- 1&1/2 cup cake wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons xylitol sugar
- 2 teaspoons cacao powder
- 1 egg
- 50 grams of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 100 grams blueberries
- 50 grams of strawberries
- ¾ cup milk
- 10 ml of oil
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl, beat an egg and bananas, add melted butter, vanilla essence and sugar then whisk until soft and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl pour the flour, baking powder, cacao powder and salt then mix well
- Add the banana mixture and milk to the flour and mix well until the batter is soft ( Add more milk until your desired thinness)
- Grease your baking tray with oil
- Add blueberries to your batter and pour the mixture into the pan
- Decorate the batter with cut strawberries and blueberries.
- Bake for 40 minutes
- Cool the banana loaf for 5 minutes.
Enjoy with a glass of milk!