Prep Time: 15 minutes Baking Time: 45 minutes Difficulty: Easy
What better way to end off the month of May than a delicious and hearty cocoa-almond cake. This cake is topped with a delicious caramel treat that will melt your winter away. Well here in Cape Town 🙂
Tender and moist, this almond-cocoa cake is the perfect decadent treat for your next brunch spread! Complete with fresh fruits and a caramel treat swirl, this almond cake is a serious crowd pleaser!
It’s officially winter baking season! And while you might not be leaving your house for a delicious meal at a fancy restaurant, there’s no reason you can’t bring all that fun inside and whip up a delicious treat at home for you and your family!
- 100 grams almond flour
- 400 grams cake wheat flour
- 100 grams castor sugar
- 50 grams cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 350 ml milk
- 150 ml olive oil
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 400 ml Nestle caramel treat
- 400 grams fresh strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients together (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder)
- In another bowl, use an electric mixer to whisk the eggs until frothy. Pour vanilla essence and whisk for another 30 seconds.
- Pour the eggs into the flour mixture and use a spatula to mix the ingredients.
- Pour the oil and milk into the flour mixture and use a spatula to blend the ingredients until the batter is smooth.
- Grease your 20 cm x 20 cm cake tin with a baking spray and sprinkle some flour for your cake not to stick to the pan.
- Place a baking sheet on top of the greased pan and pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes. To check if your cake is fully baked, insert a skewer into the cake and it should come out clean.
Use a knife to cut the cake into two halves.
Spread the caramel treat on one layer of the cake and add some sliced strawberries.
Put the other cake layer on top of the base layer and spread more caramel treat then decorate with fruits of your choice. Enjoy!
Get your ingredients online from The Refillery SA online store.