There is a whole lot of things that one can use sorghum flour for. In the previous post, I made some pancakes. Today this cupcake recipe will blow your mind away. Sorghum has never been this good.
If you are intolerant to gluten, then start celebrating.
- 1 Cup Sorghum Flour
- 1 Cup self rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 100 ml canola oil
- ½ cup xylitol sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 50 grams pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Line the wells of a muffin pan with papers and crease the insides of the papers
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla essence and canola oil
- In another bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin seeds
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour and mix well until smooth.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin papers. Sprinkle the top with pumpkin seeds
- Bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes.
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tsp caramel essence
- 50 grams diced pecan nuts
- Beat the softened butter over medium speed with an electric mixture until soft and creamy.
- Gradually add the icing sugar to the butter until fully blended.
- Once the butter and sugar have mixed well, add the caramel essence and mix it into the mixture.
- Decorate your cupcakes with the frosting and sprinkle pecan nuts over the icing. Enjoy!
Get these lovely ingredients online from The Refillery SA.