Scrumptious and best for dessert
So today is the day after Mothers day. Would you like to join me this week in celebrating Mothers day for a whole week? 🙂
How about trying these delicious Moringa/Peanut Butter/Coffee Flavoured Cinnamon rolls? I promise you will love these. These rolls are pretty easy to make and will be all done in under 1 hour. You could have them as breakfast too.
How did I come up with the recipe? Well, I wanted to do something about the spirulina powder that was left over. I also wanted to make something greenish and looked like roses. I couldn’t find any roses for Mothers Day, so I decided to bake some rolls like roses. Pretty good right?
You can also replace the some ingredients if you don’t like them or are allergic to them such as peanuts and egg yolks, you replace these with jam or white chocolate drops. As for the egg yolks, you can make the cinnamon rolls without the egg yolks. 🙂
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup corn starch flour
- 2 tbsp moringa powder
- 1 tsp spirulina powder
- 1 heaped tbsp leafy green powder
- 2 tbsp xylitol sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 100 ml melted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 heaped tbsp peanut butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp Nescafe coffee
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Grease your baking tray with butter.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks, vanilla essence and butter together.
- In another bowl, mix the flours, moringa powder, leafy green powder, spirulina powder, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon powder and salt.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour and mix well.
- Pour milk to the flour and knead the dough.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough and form a rectangle shape.
- Spread butter on top of the dough then sprinkle 1tsp of cinnamon powder and coffee.
- Spread peanut butter on top of the dough then finish of by drizzling with maple syrup.
- Roll up the dough tightly and use a floss/knife to cut 8 equal rolls.
- Arrange the pieces in the baking tray and bake for 35-40 minutes. Enjoy!
You can enjoy these rolls with condensed milk as a glaze or ice cream. I would highly recommend vanilla ice cream for the topping, it goes pretty well with the combination.