Let’s go organic!
Have you ever tried using sorghum flour? There are many perks associated with using this wonderful ingredient. First, it is an affordable ingredient 🙂
If you are intolerant to gluten, then make sorghum your best friend forever. If you’re looking for a nutritious grain to add to your next meal, give sorghum a try. Sorghum is rich in a variety of nutrients such as B vitamins, which play an essential role in metabolism, neural development, and skin and hair health.
SORGHUM PANCAKES INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp xylitol sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and milk until fully blended.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour and mix well until smooth.
- Put the butter in a pan under medium-low heat and let the butter melt.
- Use a scoop to pour the sorghum batter into the pan.
- After every 20 seconds, flip the pancake until it is fully done.
CHICKPEA RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
- 150 grams chickpeas
- 1 tomato
- 1 tbsp minestrone powder
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 2 heaped tbsp butter
- Soak the chickpeas overnight in a bowl.
- Rinse the chickpeas and pour them into a pot.
- Add 750 ml of water to the chickpeas and bring them to boil for 90 minutes under medium heat.
- Add salt to the chickpeas after 30 minutes of boiling.
- When the chickpeas are done cooking, add the butter and chopped garlic to the pot then sauté for 1 minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes to the chickpeas and sprinkle turmeric powder then simmer for 5 minutes until the tomatoes are fully dissolved.
- Mix the minestrone with vegetable stock and pour it to the chickpeas.
- Let the chickpeas simmer and add more water for more soup. Enjoy!
Get your ingredients online from The Refillery Shop South Africa!